I selected the Missouri Meerschaum Diplomat pipe because it is a popular size and shape, and because it has a hardwood plug in the bottom that was just screaming to be drilled-out.
The adhesive choice was a bit more scientific. I tried a couple mild adhesives thinking that the slight heat the passes through the bottom of the bowl would not be an issue. Wrong. While the bowl is somewhat warm to the touch, the adhesive wanted to liquify. I tried a couple acrylic adhesives knowing that they would be a bad choice due to their brittleness, and I was right. A couple drops on the concrete flow and the magnets broke free. I finally found the best solution in a high temp two-part epoxy.
I was so impressed by this solution that I rushed-out and purchased the URL www.Magnacob.com with the intention of producing the pipes in small quantities and offering them from our aristocob.com site. And then... nothing happened.
Between travel for business, my wife and daughter opening a brick and mortar business and just the fast pace of life, I never got around to launching my idea. Until the weekend of the four of July 2011. I found myself back in the shop and back in the exact same situation; but this time I had my Magnacob! I set it on my saw and made my cuts, and when I retrieved it several minutes later it was safe and still fully lit and ready for action. I decided then and there that the time had come to share this with you.
Currently the Magnacob is available in the Diplomat straight and bent shapes in the smooth, polished finish. This Fall I may consider a "Neked" version, if demanded by you.
Check it out at www.Magnacob.com, and check-out my embedded video on the same page. It's a little silly, but you'll get the point.