10 Questions for Pipe Smokers.


10 pipe smoking questions

On May 26th, 2011 TheWanderingRecluse uploaded an interesting video on Youtube where he presented a list of 10 questions for pipe smokers.  Here's my response:

Questions

1.) What is your biggest pipe smoking pet-peeve (or if you don't have one, just name a pet peeve)?
A: Never enough Time to enjoy smoking.

2.) What is the most memorable pipe smoking experience (good or bad) you've ever had?
A: Smoking a bowl with my Father-in-Law, and later with my adult son.

3.) Do you consider pipe smoking a relatively unknown sub-culture at the present? If so, why did it become "underground"?
A: Not in my little corner of the world. We've sold thousands of corn cob pipes in the past few years, and I'm sure that # is a drop in the bucket of overall pipe sales.

4.) Do you think the YouTube pipe community will eventually make pipe smoking more mainstream?
A: Since the vast majority of our sales were spurred by YT, I'd have to say yes.

5.) If you could only take one pipe with you on an island, along with one tobacco, what would they be?
A: Will I be working or relaxing on said island?
-If I'm chill axing it would be my Missouri Meerschaum Freehand.
-If I'm working it would be a MM Diplomat.
-I would be smoking Two Friends "Heritage".

6.) Describe the perfect pipe smoking setting.
A: Late at night in a cool, dark cabin. In a comfy chair, by a fire that's mostly glowing embers and a small log or two.  Several close friends and my bride are near by in deep, contemplative conversation.

7.) What's the one piece of advice you'd give to a new pipe smoker?
A: Ignore most of the advice you'll hear, including mine.  THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDIN'.  If YOU like or hate a certain tobacco, why would my opinion about it matter?  Buy 1-2oz samples of lots of tobaccos and blends.

8.) How do you feel pipe smokers are viewed by the public (non-pipe smokers)?
A: Show me ten people and I'll show you 14 opinions!  In the end, I don't care as long as they understand that it's my right to smoke as I do; which is mostly in private.

9.) What is the biggest misconception about pipe smoking (in your opinion)?
A: That we inhale, and that it's equivalent to smoking cigarettes.

10.) Morning smoker, afternoon smoker or evening smoker?
Category:
A: I rarely smoke in the AM or afternoon, so I guess that makes me an evening smoker.

So now it's your turn.  Do me a favor and send me a note or respond to my vid if you post your answers somewhere.  Scott

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, I can't believe I'm just now finding this, I guess I never make it over here to the blog. Looking over the questions I would have to say "ditto" for some of your answers Scott. I have found a fovorite blend called "Georgian Cream" mixed by the local tobacco shop. The perfect pipe smoking setting was almost word for word for me! Also like to smoke my pipe, Diplomat, more in the Fall and Winter especially after supper. Also when I'm smoking meat in my smoker anytime of the year.