Hi. I'm Scott, and I smoke Lane 1Q

Several times a week I get an email or PM asking what tobacco I enjoy.  I'm always reluctant to answer that because I know that tastes vary so much. I normally suggest that the new smoker visit tobaccoreviews.com , but even then it's still just a bunch of individuals giving their opinion. 

So, in the interest of getting it out there, I smoke many different tobaccos, including many that are manufactured by Cornell and Diehl, but in the end I have to admit that for the most part I smoke Lane 1Q. I was thinking about this one day, and I'd be willing to bet that I've smoked half my weight in Lane 1Q, which is just about what my doctor says I should weigh!

Lane 1Q is most similar to the OTC tobacco Captain Black Royal, which is sold in the blue pouch.  In fact, they are both made by Lane Limited and while the recipes are slightly different, Captain Blacks Royal is almost identical to Lane 1Q.  As for the other Lane bulk tobaccos vs Captain Black, Lane RLP-6 and Captain Black White are quite similar. Both of these bulk tobacco blends are sold at your local tobacconist, though they may have their own names for them.  Just ask for the Lane product by name (number) and they'll direct you to the proper jar.

There's a great article on the differences between the most popular over the counter tobaccos, including Captain Black, over at PipesMagazine.com.

No comments: